Re: libscrypt

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 04:18:31AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=chromiumos/third_party/libscrypt.git
> git clone http://git.chromium.org/chromiumos/third_party/libscrypt.git
>
> This one has a verbatim copy of scrypt-1.1.6 under libscrypt/src, and it
> adds autofiles at top level to build a library.  It appears to always
> use the slower crypto_scrypt-ref.c code.

I got this one to build with:

./configure
rm libtool
ln -s /usr/bin/libtool
make

This produced libscrypt-1.1.6.so and libscrypt.a.  These export a lot of
symbols - perhaps more than we want them to (at least without any name
prefix).

Somehow the copy of libtool generated by libscrypt's config.status was
incomplete and non-working.

Alexander