Scrypt as a filter

Hey all,

I've been loving the design & security of scrypt, and I wanted to integrate it into my home backup routine. However, it appears that scrypt doesn't do stdin-to-stdout, instead using specific files (which causes problems when trying to chain several programs in a row). Do you think scrypt could be expanded to be able to act as a filter that simply encrypts streams as they come in? I've been looking at the source code myself to examine this possibility, though I haven't gotten very far, because I'm an idiot… Also, I don't know how to code, which may have something to do with it too. <_<

Thanks!
--Matt