[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How much data should I request from scrypt?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: How much data should I request from scrypt?
- From: Bill Cox <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 15:06:52 -0500
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
32 bytes (256 bits) is used internally IIRC. More provides no additional security. Only use more if you have a need for more key output for reasons specific to your application.
On Dec 27, 2014 11:49 AM, <email@example.com
crypto_scrypt() allows me to specify how much data I want back from it.
This is what the last parameter, buflen, is for.
So the question is, how many bytes should I request to make it good for
hashing, just as good as SHA-256 say? Purpose being to make collisions
For example, are 200 bytes enough?