[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
scrypt 1.2.0 released
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hi scrypt users,
I've just released scrypt 1.2.0. You can download the scrypt code at
and the tarball has SHA256 hash
which can also be found in the GPG-signed hash file at
. I've also tagged the source tree from which I rolled this release at
Significant changes since 1.1.6:
* You can now specify "-" as the input file, meaning standard input.
* Lots and lots of code reorganization, including changes to the build system.
* scrypt now consults the hw.memsize sysctl on relevant platforms to figure
out how much memory is available. (This should help on OS X.)
* scrypt now detects and uses AESNI instructions for encryption/decryption.
* scrypt now detects and uses SSE2 instructions automatically (and thus there
is no longer an --enable-sse2 option to the configure script).
If anyone finds any bugs in this now... well, it's too late to get them fixed
before the release goes out, but I can always do a 1.2.1 release if necessary.
Security Officer Emeritus, FreeBSD | The power to serve
Founder, Tarsnap | www.tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----