Please test: scrypt 1.3.1.99

Hi scrypt users,

I've just uploaded a tarball which may be (modulo version number update)
release 1.3.2 of the scrypt file encryption utility and key derivation
function library.

Notable changes since 1.3.1:

* A strict-aliasing violation in non-SSE2 code (aka for non-x86 systems
and very very ancient x86 systems) is fixed; with gcc 11 and later, this
was causing a self-test failure.

* Runtime POSIX-violation checks are disabled when cross-compiling.

* Slightly improved performance on many x86 and ARM systems due to
using cryptographic CPU instructions (the scrypt key derivation itself
isn't affected, only the file encryption/decryption).

* Build fixes for OpenBSD and autoconf 2.70.

You can download the scrypt code at
  https://www.tarsnap.com/scrypt/scrypt-1.3.1.99.tgz
and the tarball has SHA256 hash
  e1d8cdc02808dd9875c3d53053b83080282b6dad879b8069d46fb28caa0e15d3
.  You can also see the tree from which I rolled this almost-release at
https://github.com/Tarsnap/scrypt if you find it useful to crawl through
VCS history.

Assuming nobody yells (or the yells are things I can fix quickly and easily)
I'll roll the official scrypt 1.3.2 release some time around the end of
September.

FreeBSD Deputy Release Engineer & EC2 platform maintainer