Re: Potential spiped 1.4.0 release -- please test

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 01:03:12AM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've attached a tarball for what might be spiped 1.4.0 -- depending on whether
> anyone reports any problems with it.  There are significant changes in the
> build code, so please test -- even if all you have time to do is confirm that
> it builds, that's better than nothing.
>
> In particular I'd like to see this tested on as many different compilers as
> possible and on different (non-x86) platforms, since this new version contains
> code for detecting and using AESNI instructions -- the build code *should*
> disable this on non-x86 platforms, but I'd like some confirmation.

Compiles cleany on OpenBSD -current amd64 (what will be 5.6). With the
default system gcc 4.2.1 the CPUID and AESNI compiler features are not
supported.

When compiled with gcc 4.8.2 from ports, both are supported and here is
the resulting cpusupport-config.h:

#define CPUSUPPORT_X86_CPUID
#define CPUSUPPORT_X86_AESNI
#ifdef cpusupport_dummy