[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Potential spiped 1.6.0 release -- please test
- To: Colin Percival <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Potential spiped 1.6.0 release -- please test
- From: James Turner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 10:30:01 -0400
- Cc: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=calminferno.net; h=date:from :to:cc:subject:message-id:references:mime-version:content-type :in-reply-to; q=dns; s=default; b=MT4T2t3hTXaPCslzn2GqdTs+8As9hQ ac6ZhfRAjibqGRAJfQQuhaQbpV5iQb+U8+3tDH+UakkNmqG1M2oxy6MEX5wOrSq1 nLUsY0iEnkkxGLz0jAr8FJbLL7l+RKEVQoe0GntW8pYEs7Azv6DvEsrawow/Li9I xX6sXEtikJrvC0DpKAQpTFrvUp00jSJ+FMsd5isacgLgQ9aTvHyttxOFiAKHy+Z8 3PBlleOehqjuRj45gtjiOEBHk5kaqTZDpZSTjSDD6FIcTMDozzlmXsev9EFI1P0V v5GCW+KNAImnaivilEPdWcSwXbmxVe0W/T5dsyxBSmRkIyRqvEpBYGvQ==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
Builds and passes all tests on OpenBSD -current aka 6.1 without issue!
Will update the ports as soon as 1.6.0 is released.
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:41:23PM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> Hi spiped users,
> I've just uploaded a tarball which may be (modulo version number update)
> spiped 1.6.0. Please test this -- even if all you have time to do is check
> that it compiles on your platform, that's better than nothing, but running
> 'make all test' and/or testing with live usage would be much better.
> You can download the spiped code at
> and the tarball has SHA256 hash
> . You can also see the tree from which I rolled this almost-release at
> https://github.com/Tarsnap/spiped if you find it useful to crawl through
> VCS history.
> Significant changes since 1.5.0:
> * The limit of 500 connections to the spiped -n flag has been removed.
> * spiped now performs a graceful shutdown on SIGTERM.
> * The -k option now accepts "-" as a synonym for standard input.
> * A new -v option prints the version number of spipe and spiped.
> There are also a variety of less visible changes: Performance improvements in
> the SHA256 routines, a workaround for a docker signal-handling bug, minor bug
> and compiler warning fixes, the addition of a test suite, and some minor code
> Assuming nobody finds any problems (or the problems are things I can fix
> quickly and easily) I'll roll the official spiped 1.6.0 release a week from
> now. As always, Tarsnap bug bounties apply to issues found in spiped.
> - --
> Colin Percival
> Security Officer Emeritus, FreeBSD | The power to serve
> Founder, Tarsnap | www.tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----