Subject: Tarsnap 1.0.39
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 20:37:55 -0700
From: Colin Percival <cperciva@tarsnap.com>
To: tarsnap-announce@tarsnap.com

Hi all,

Tarsnap 1.0.39 is now available.  (Yes, just 2 weeks after 1.0.38.)  This
version brings several important bug fixes:

* tarsnap 1.0.38 (but not earlier versions) would exit with an assertion
failure after successfully creating an archive containing a file with a
"last modified" time prior to January 1st, 1970.

* tarsnap 1.0.38 and earlier could crash if instructed to archive the
contents of corrupt cpio or ar archives (via the @archive directive).

* tarsnap 1.0.38 and earlier could crash if passed an invalidly encrypted
key file.

The new release is available from the usual location:
  https://www.tarsnap.com/download.html

Users of the .deb packages we ship should find that their systems can now
fetch tarsnap 1.0.39.  Users of other packaging systems (FreeBSD / NetBSD
/ OpenBSD / Homebrew / MacPorts / Gentoo / OpenSUSE / etc.) should be able
to fetch tarsnap 1.0.39 once the maintainers of the respective ports have
updated them.