Tarsnap 1.0.26, supporting FreeBSD, and happy holidays!

Hi all,

A few hours ago I released version 1.0.26 of the Tarsnap client code; this new
version improves upon version 1.0.25 by:
* Fixing a bug which made the --maxbw-rate family of options not work on systems
with fast internet connections,
* Changing the Tarsnap client-server protocol to eliminate a non network fault
related cause of 'Connection lost' warnings,
* Adding and clarifying some sections of the tarsnap(1) man page,
* and making a variety of minor fixes not worth mentioning in detail here.

There's no particular need to upgrade unless you're using --maxbw-rate options,
but if you get annoyed by seeing 'Connection lost' warnings there's a good
chance that upgrading will make those warnings go away.

In other Tarsnap news, I announced earlier this month that I will be donating
all of the profits made by Tarsnap for December 2009 to the FreeBSD Foundation:
  http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2009-12-08-supporting-FreeBSD.html
The FreeBSD Foundation provides essential support for FreeBSD development, and
I encourage everybody to help out: There's just over a week left in 2009, and
the FreeBSD Foundation is at 82% of their fundraising $ target and 78% of their
target number of donors for the year.

For those of you who use other operating systems -- Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo,
Slackware, Arch Linux, Fedora, RedHat, OpenSolaris, OS X, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
Cygwin (did I miss anyone?)... don't worry, despite being a FreeBSD developer,
I do plan on supporting the Open Source community beyond FreeBSD.  Stay tuned
for more details in 2010. :-)

Finally, I hope everybody is having a merry Christmas / Hanukkah / Kwanzaa /
Saturnalia / Winter solstice / Summer solstice holiday, and has a happy 2010.

Cheers,
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid