[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Tarsnap 1.0.34 is now available. This new version brings:
1. IPv6 support. Tarsnap will now attempt to connect using both IPv4 and
IPv6, and will use whichever IP protocol works.
2. Improved resilience against short network glitches when tarsnap is first
connecting to the server. Prior to this version, tarsnap would die if it
could not connect immediately, which was causing problems when synchronized
cron jobs resulted in lots of traffic arriving at once; now tarsnap will try
multiple times before erroring out. (The *re*connection behaviour, where
tarsnap will spend up to 5 minutes attempting to reconnect, has not changed.)
3. Support for platforms with mandatory structure alignment (e.g., ARM OABI).
4. Tarsnap now restores terminal settings if killed with ^C while reading a
password or passphrase.
5. Other bug fixes and improvements.
The new release is available from the usual location:
Security Officer Emeritus, FreeBSD | The power to serve
Founder, Tarsnap | www.tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.20 (FreeBSD)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----