Re: --nuke takes surprisingly long time

On 06/17/11 17:09, Gleb Arshinov wrote:
> Is this expected?  I would have thought it would be very fast.

Depends on your definition of "surprisingly long time", I guess -- it needs to
download a list of blocks and then issue delete requests for them.  If you have
lots of data this can take a while... the total amount of bandwidth is around
0.5% of the data stored.

Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid