Re: Deleting an archive

On 07/19/11 09:30, Mark Moeller wrote:
> I have an archive showing up when I use the --list-archives option with a
> trailing "\". When I try to delete it tarsnap tells me that the archive does not
> exist. How can I delete this archive?

Try running
# tarsnap --list-archives | hexdump -C
so that you can see exactly what the archive name is (e.g., if there's any
trailing whitespace).  If you can specify the right name to tarsnap -d it
should delete just fine -- tarsnap doesn't try to do anything "smart" with
archive names which would get confused by a backslash.

You'll also want to make sure that your shell isn't interpreting the backslash
the wrong way, too.  You might need to 'quote' the archive name...

Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid