Re: Key file passphrase

The documentation doesn't say anything about which cryptographic algorithm is used for keyfile encryption. What is it?
It stresses to keep the keyfile safe but seem not encourage the usage of passphrase, doesn't it?

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Colin Percival <cperciva@tarsnap.com> wrote:
On 10/12/11 08:43, Pham Bao Trung wrote:
> Recently I have generated a key file with passphrase but it has become annoying
> to enter the passphrase everytime I want to do something with tarsnap. Are there
> any ways to make the process more comfortable like gpg-agent or ssh-agent?

Not yet.  It's possible that I'll create a tarsnap-agent in the future.

Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid