Tarsnap download speed

Howdy Collin et al.

I needed to access a backup last night and found that Tarsnap was downloading just under 1 megabit/second (measured with iftop filtered by the tarsnap port). Are these typical speeds?

It was a bit of a surprise. Perhaps there could be some documentation on performance somewhere?

Of course I should have tested a full restore earlier, but I didn't expect an issue with the quantity of data. Also, I realize the data is compressed, so effective speeds will be better.

Thanks,
Daniel