Re: Tarsnap logo contest

Hi Colin, tarsnap users,

Here's my humble attempt based on an original design in OpenOffice Draw.
It consists of a full-scale logo and a reduced size kernel (for favicon or other space-limited use).

Inspiration:
I wanted to create a vault-like resemblence for security, hence the outer rings.
The middle bar is perforated ("snapped") and snaps the word "tarsnap" in two, but also resembles network packets.
The bar fading towards the edges suggests its circular nature i.e. the globe.

The font is Ethnocentric by Ray Larabie, part of Typodermic Fonts' Larabie Fonts collection and free for commercial use.

Look forward to hearing comments...

Regards,
MB

--