Re: .exclude file or similar?

One could capture the .exclude files prior to the execution of tarsnap and generate a -X exclude.file

On 7 March 2014 11:39:19 WET, David Williams <xflow7@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to have a per-directory .exclude file or similar which
tarsnap consults while traversing the file tree? I run tarsnap daily
as root to back up my machine (including /home) and it would be nice
if there was a way for a user account to create listings of
files/folders to be excluded without having to have root edit the
system configuration file.

Thanks,

Dave