Re: Tarsnap partial outage 07:08 UTC -- 10:29 UTC

Colin,

Thanks for the update and explanation about what happened.  By the way, I love using tarsnap.  Thanks for creating it!

Kind regards,
James

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Colin Percival <cperciva@tarsnap.com> wrote:
On 08/10/15 03:44, Colin Percival wrote:
> On 08/10/15 02:30, Colin Percival wrote:
>> On 08/10/15 01:22, Colin Percival wrote:
>>> Due to an ongoing issue with Amazon S3 [...]
>>
>> Update: Amazon says that they are "actively working on the recovery process"
>> for S3, but I haven't seen any improvement yet (but, in Amazon's defense,
>> they say that we will continue to see problems until the recovery completes).
>
> Amazon's recovery process clearly works.  Amazon S3 performance is now back
> to normal, and along with it Tarsnap is now running smoothly again.

In addition to the aforementioned period, there were additional shorter
partial outages between 19:03 and 19:19 UTC, and between 20:00 and 20:04 UTC.

Hopefully Amazon has figured out what went wrong by now and we won't have any
more of these recurrences.