argosnap: a script to display tarsnap notifications

Hello,

I wanted to inform you that I released ‘argosnap’[1]. Argosnap is a ruby script that displays the current picoUSD amount in console and can be used to notify the user when his tarsnap account falls below a predefined picoUSD threshold. It supports pushover, email and osx notifications. Tarsnap uses mechanize to fetch data from the website.

By default, tarsnap will notify you when your account balance falls below 7 days worth of storage costs. Tarsnap will send 2 emails before erasing your account. Since my ‘spamd’ setup far from perfect, I was afraid that I might miss the two-emails notice. Personally, I prefer ‘pushover’ notifications to my mobile for something like backups.

Ideas, comments, features that might be useful to anyone etc. are more than welcomed.

Best regards,

[1] https://github.com/atmosx/argosnap

Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis

email:	atma@convalesco.org
URL:	http://www.convalesco.org
GnuPG ID: 0x1A7BFEC5
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 1A7BFEC5

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” - Leo Tolstoy