Using scrypt as a library

I like scrypt. I wanted to use it instead of the older PBKDF2 and bcrypt algos in my Mac application, but found that the source code only produces a cmdline tool.

I could not find any instructions for building a lib, which is much more appropriate for general use.

So, for OS X, I've now built a dylib using Xcode. It caused ony little problem with the declaration of "initstate" in sha256.c: I had to rename it to avoid a name clash with some darwin based function, it seemed.

If anyone else is interested, I've put up the instructions here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39222759

To the maintainers of the code: Please add an option to the makefile to build a lib for each supported platform. It would make using the lib easier, I'm sure. Or put the code up on github and allow others to contribute, so that we can find forks that take care of such needs, perhaps.

Besides that - thanks for making it available!

--
Thomas Tempelmann, http://www.tempel.org/
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tempelorg