Re: tarsnap incompatible with openssl v1.1.0

Thanks!  Yes, we are adding a compatibility layer for OpenSSL 1.1.0:
https://github.com/Tarsnap/tarsnap/pull/225

I believe that at the moment, homebrew and openssl still use 1.0.2, so this is
primarily an issue for people using the unreleased Debian 9 Testing "stretch",
which does default to 1.1.0.  Our binary .deb package for stretch installs
without problems; if they are rebuilding the .deb via apt-source, running
"apt-get builddep tarsnap" will install the 1.0.2 headers.

That said, I see now that I should add a warning about this to:
https://www.tarsnap.com/compiling.html

Cheers,
- Graham Percival