Re: Tarsnap fails with broken pipe in systemd timer unit

On 08.10.19 19:14, Andrea Biscuola wrote:
It seems it can't write to a socket or a particular file descriptor? Doesn't systemd put some limits on what a service can do?

Couldn't it be something related to SELinux or similar?

Andrea

The script itself only writes to stdout. I'm assuming systemd is trying to prevent some action that the tarsnap script is taking. But as to what it is, I have no clue.

The system in question isn't secured by SELinux or other similar mechanisms.

Simon