Re: Planning for Emergency restore

On 2021-04-04 11:39, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

For the truly paranoid, combine:

- [1] shamir's secret sharing algorithm to split your secret into N shards

*** Ouch. I don't think I'm *that* paranoid. I mostly worry about being unable to do it. In the heat of battle, so to speak.

How about this: A couple hundred copies of the key ( encrypted ) on an M-disc. On the remainder of the M-disc, a Linux distribution with everything needed to restore my data from the tarsnap cloud. And a big README file with all the general data I'd have forgotten about how to do it. Or just a big shell script to do it for me :).

                  - Jerry