Immediate disconnects

Hello,

I am finally around to setting up my backups once again. Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue.

Traceroute to the server is probably fine. It gets out as far as amazon before returns disappear.

I can ping the server just fine. However, when the client attempts to connect, it's getting timeouts and then dying.

When I telnet to the client port, I get a connect, and then about 5 seconds later I get connection closed by foreign host.

Is everything on the server okay? Is something weird is going on between me (I'm in Europe) and the server?

Any hints are welcome!

Best,
Chris Conway