Re: Max file size problem on 32-bit

Hi Vimal,

Vimal George wrote:
> scrypt dec backup2009-oct20.tar.crypt backup2009-oct20.tar
> scrypt: Cannot open input file: backup2009-oct20.tar.crypt: Value too
> large for defined data type
>
> I'm guessing this has something to do with some 2GB filesize
> addressability problem on 32bit platforms(just guessing from the google
> results).

Correct, it's a problem with 32-bit linux -- every other OS has used 64-bit
file sizes by default for ages.

> Any quick hacks to make this decrypt work on a 32bit linux kernel?
> or Do i have to boot a 64-bit linux image and re-build scrypt on the
> same to do this decrypt?

I can fix this in autoconf -- if you don't mind waiting ~16 hours I'll
roll a version 1.1.5 tarball when I get home tonight.

Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid