Re: scrypt's malloc() alignment

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 04:28:35AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> A further change I may contribute is removing the dependency on having
> an integer type matching the pointer size (uintptr_t) [...]

Correction: that's not exactly how uintptr_t is defined.

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/basedefs/stdint.h.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1845482/what-is-uintptr-t-data-type

"The following type designates an unsigned integer type with the
property that any valid pointer to void can be converted to this type,
then converted back to a pointer to void, and the result will compare
equal to the original pointer: uintptr_t"

"On XSI-conformant systems, the intptr_t and uintptr_t types are
required; otherwise, they are optional."

Alexander