Re: scrypt Internet Draft

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 04:06:33PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Nice!  I'm fine with this, and please keep the git page above updated.

I think I'd need permissions for that:

remote: == Gitorious: =========================================================
remote: You do not have write access to this repository

Meanwhile, I've cloned the repository and committed to the clone:

https://www.gitorious.org/~solardiz/scrypt/solar-scrypt-unix-crypt/commit/b0f9c2ad52775df4fd95ae33ba4cd5f6d113a5fb

Can you pull this?

I've also included a test vector in there.  In the process, I found that
scrypt/SSE2 does not crash on Pentium 3, but produces incorrect results
(since P3 lacks SSE2 and misinterprets those instructions as MMX).  We
need to add a runtime self-test.

> I think your implementation is the first.  Next is to get this into a
> libc...

I'm not sure I want this to happen.  For me, next is to proceed to
revise scrypt to make it actually suitable for password hashing - but
for this we need a baseline, including for the crypt(3) encoding.

Thanks,

Alexander