Re: Canonical way to invoke the KDF?

Hi Colin! Thanks for your reply :)

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Colin Percival <cperciva@tarsnap.com> wrote:
On 11/15/13 08:09, Laurens Van Houtven wrote:You want to call crypto_scrypt.  The rest of the code might be useful for
figuring out what parameters to provide (for N in particular), but you might
get away with just picking reasonable fixed values and planning on bumping
them every few years.

Okay, great. If I want to check a password later, I just call the same function again and compare the results? Is it important the comparison be constant time?

Thanks in advance
lvh