Re: scrypt has three different implementations of crypto_scrypt(), ref, sse, and nosse. What do they mean?

Thanks for the reply. That clears up everything.

> They're using mmap instead of malloc.  Whatever tool you're using for
measuring memory usage is broken.

Choosing "All VM Regions" in the tool I'm using (the Allocations
Instrument in Xcode on OS X) showed the proper memory usage. That's good
to know.

> I don't know what's wrong with your linker.  But you don't want to do
that
> anyway.  Pick either -nosse or -sse based on which CPU you'll be running
on.

Yeah I have no idea what the linker is doing. Whatever. I've just picked
SSE and discarded the others.