Re: Spritz with Scrypt

On 02/09/16 10:12, Ryan Carboni wrote:
> Given that Spritz is a sponge function, with reasonable security, and is based
> on permuting bytes, which is difficult to unroll in hardware, would
> Scrypt-Spritz work better?

The scrypt definition was designed to be part of a family with pluggable
operations.  That said, it was hashes and block ciphers; it looks like spritz
is a stream cipher, so I'm not entirely sure how you'd fit it in...

As for whether it's more secure, that depends on hardware circuit sizes and
performance and how fast you can implement it in a CPU.