Re: spiped 1.2.2 released

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:02:26AM -0800, Colin Percival wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just released spiped 1.2.2; this is the same as the spiped 1.2.2f
> which I pointed people at last week with the exception of some updates
> to documentation.  Available from the usual location:
>   https://www.tarsnap.com/spiped.html

Excellent!

When I submitted the updated port to the OpenBSD mailing list I had the
following build warning pointed out that I didn't previously notice:

../lib/events/events_network.c:222: warning: incompatible implicit
declaration of built-in function 'memset'

On OpenBSD, the FD_ZERO macro uses memset so, events_network.c needs:

#include <string.h>

to remove the warning. I wish I noticed this before the release, but the
warning didn't jump out at me from the rest of the compilation output.

I'm not sure if this is a header worth including just in case or
something I will just have to patch in my port. Either way it's probably
not worth doing another point release, I can always remove the patch if
you decide to include the header at a later date.

Thanks again for spiped and especially tarsnap!

--
James Turner
james@calminferno.net