Re: Spiped 1.4.x segfaults on i386

On 10/06/14 12:08, Denis Krienbühl wrote:
>> What hardware is this exactly?  The major change in spiped 1.4.x is the
>> use of AESNI, which will depend on the particular CPU it's running on.
>
> That would be an Intel Xeon E5-2680 v2. I attached the output of
> /proc/cpuinfo.

OK, looks like the cpu supports aesni, so the problem is probably in there
somewhere... the only question is where.  Can you please extract the 1.4.1
source code and run

# make CFLAGS="-O2 -g"

and then run ./spiped/spiped or ./spipe/spipe?  This will include debugging
information.

Then after it dies,

# addr2line -e ./spiped/spiped ADDR
or
# addr2line -e ./spipe/spipe ADDR

where ADDR is the ip:XXXXXXX value from your syslog.  This should let me
know where the fault is being triggered.

Thanks,