Re: tcp46 support

Hi Dave,

On 09/15/16 02:34, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
> I've noticed a couple of services that I run behind spiped have a tcp46
> socket open, which I'm not so familiar with. Is it possible to get
> spiped to do the same thing, or do I need two daemon invocations for
> each of inet/inet6?

Run two spiped processes.  The 'tcp46' bit is a compatibility hack for
binding to both wildcard IPv6 and wildcard IPv4; some operating systems
turn it on by default when you bind to wildcard IPv6, which is probably
what you're seeing with rabbitmq (since you're specifying a wildcard IPv6
address for it to bind to).

You could try to modify spiped to listen on multiple sockets, but it would
increase the code complexity and be ultimately pointless -- spiped is *very*
lightweight (on my system, each process is using a mere 80 kB of RAM beyond
the libc / libcrypto / etc. shared libraries which are going to be loaded in
memory by other processes anyway) so there's no reason to not run multiple
spiped processes.