Re: Is it possible to forward unix sockets?

ok so I have the following :

A process which created a unix domain socket (/tmp/blah) on my local machine that I want to send to a remote machine 4.3.2.1:9999 and end up as /tmp/blah  on which side has another process that wants to read from the socket.

On the sending side I have :

spiped -e -F -s /tmp/blah -t 4.3.2.1:9999 -k key.key

yet it complains that the address is already in use...I thought that the intent of the source directive is to read from given source but perhaps it is trying to bind to that socket?

I'm not that familiar with sockets so please excuse any paradigms that I have gotten wrong.

On 7 June 2017 at 20:07, Colin Percival <cperciva@tarsnap.com> wrote:
On 06/07/17 01:17, JunglHilt wrote:
> I'm trying to forward a unix domain socket securely over the internet and was
> wondering if this is possible with spiped?

Yes.

> I have tried specifying a socket as the source(on one side) and target on the
> other yet the target socket doesn't get created, so not sure if this is
> possible..?

spiped doesn't create the target socket.  spiped connects to the target
socket, which should have been created by whatever process you want to
connect to.