Re: Potential spiped 1.6.1 release -- please test

Sorry about not getting back to this sooner -- I wanted to check with
some standards-minded people about this.

On 2020-02-08 22:55, Graham Percival wrote:
> At the moment I'm leaning towards ignoring any ESRCH errors in the test suite,
> but let's see what Colin says about the attached test case (a modified version
> of the test case that Peter already produced).

So, it turns out that FreeBSD returning ESRCH is considered to be a bug,
and has now been fixed:
  https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-head/2020-February/133736.html

I haven't found the right Linux people to ask about this -- Peter, can you
find someone in Debian who knows about such things?

In the mean time, I'm inclined to ignore ESRCH but with a comment explaining
that this behaviour is of dubious standards compliance, but it is present on
multiple platforms so we accept it anyway.