[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Please test tarsnap 1.0.37
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A potential version 1.0.37 of the Tarsnap client code is ready for testing.
You can find the new code at
and the tarball has SHA256 hash
You can also see all the changes between 1.0.36 and this version in the
newly-public git repository at
Substantive changes in this code compared to tarsnap 1.0.36:
* tarsnap-key(gen|mgmt|regen) now accept a --passphrase-time option,
which specifies the duration to be spent on computing the derived keys
used for encrypting the tarsnap key file.
* tarsnap now accepts a --keep-going option when deleting or printing
statistics about multiple archives.
* tarsnap-keymgmt now accepts a --print-key-permissions option for
listing the permissions contained in a key file.
* tarsnap --print-stats now accepts a --csv-file option for printing
statistics in comma-separated-value format.
* tarsnap now accepts a --verify-config command which exits silently
after checking the configuration file(s) for syntax errors.
* tarsnap now looks for a server named "v1-0-0-server.tarsnap.com"
instead of the historic "betatest-server.tarsnap.com" hostname. This
should have no user-visible effect in most configurations.
* tarsnap now correctly warns if a sparse extract fails due to hardlinks.
* tarsnap now prints a warning if creating an empty archive.
And as usual, lots of minor build fixes, harmless bug fixes, and code
refactoring / cleanups.
In addition to the updated code, we are now publishing a Debian source
package. (This is the first step towards publishing binary packages in
the future.) To use this, follow the "Debian - Users" instructions on
but change the url from
(which is where the bits will end up eventually) to
(which is where where the alphatest packages will reside).
Assuming I don't get any emails complaining that something is broken, I'll
be releasing this officially as version 1.0.37 in about a week. As always,
if you find any newly introduced bugs before the official release, you'll
be eligible for double the normal Tarsnap bug bounties.
Security Officer Emeritus, FreeBSD | The power to serve
Founder, Tarsnap | www.tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----