Re: sequence number mismatch

On 06/03/11 07:02, Tim Bishop wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 02:49:26PM +0100, Hywel Mallett wrote:
>> You're right that all you need is the key on the other machine, but
>> you don't need to do a fsck before you restore. I know, I've done it,
>> and it worked just fine.  I suspect that you only need to do a fsck
>> before you run a backup.
>
> That's a good point. It makes sense that it'd only need the cache when
> working out which new blocks needed creating.

s/creating/creating or deleting/ -- you need the cache for deleting archives
too, since Tarsnap needs to know which blocks are still being used by other
(non-deleted) archives.

Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid