Tarsnap and hard disk swap

Hi,

I am going to replace my computer's hard disk with a new one and was wondering what I need to do in order to allow Tarsnap backups to continue as before.  Can anyone advise on this please?

Here are some specific questions:

1).  Once the new hard disk is installed, do I need to completely re-install Tarsnap from scratch, or can I simply copy across some files to the new hard disk?

2).  Instead of simply copying across some files to the new hard disk, as mentioned above, would it be better, from a backup point of view, to copy across my entire /home directory to the new disk, rather than individual files?  (I'm currently running Linux, with my /home directory located on a separate disk partition from the operating system.)

3).  I'm replacing a conventional (i.e.spinning) hard disk with a solid-state one.  Does that affect Tarsnap at all?

Thanks for any advice on this and apologies is it's a bit of a basic problem.  Any advice on this matter much appreciated.

Regards,

John

------
John Gamble