Using wildcards to remove archives

Hi all,

I've skimmed the sources of some of the "helper scripts" that offer
archive rotation (and, of course, done a web search), but I can't seem
to figure out how to use wildcards to delete Tarsnap archives. The
following attempts (to delete all archives from November 2018 using the
default naming convention used in the sample Tarsnap script) produces
the shown errors:

        [00:30:32 USER@MACHINE ~]$ sudo tarsnap -d -f MACHINE-2018-11*
        tarsnap: Archive does not exist: MACHINE-2018-11*
        tarsnap: Error deleting archive
        tarsnap: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
        [00:31:14 USER@MACHINE ~]$ sudo tarsnap -d -f MACHINE-2018-11.*
        tarsnap: Archive does not exist: MACHINE-2018-11.*
        tarsnap: Error deleting archive
        tarsnap: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
        [00:32:05 USER@MACHINE ~]$

Can I accomplish this some other way?

Thanks.

Craig