Re: Turn Tarsnap key into mnemonic phrase

> On Jan 26, 2020, at 8:11 AM, Matthew Smith via tarsnap-users <tarsnap-users@tarsnap.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Many Bitcoin wallets support encoding your wallet's private key into a
> short mnemonic phrase that can be written down on paper. Does anyone
> know of a tool that I can use to encode my Tarsnap private key so that
> it too can be easily written down on paper?
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew.

The tarsnap.key would not be a *short* mnemonic phrase, plus you would need to additionally save the mnemonic phrase decoder with the same dictionary to make sure you could get your key back at a much later date.

IMO, it is easier to (securely) backup the actual tarsnap.key file.  Use multiple media types per best practice for any important backup.

Lonnie