Re: Turn Tarsnap key into mnemonic phrase

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020, at 15:11, Matthew Smith via tarsnap-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Many Bitcoin wallets support encoding your wallet's private key into a
> short mnemonic phrase that can be written down on paper. Does anyone
> know of a tool that I can use to encode my Tarsnap private key so that
> it too can be easily written down on paper?
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew.

https://lab.whitequark.org/notes/2016-08-24/archiving-cryptographic-secrets-on-paper/ is linked from the tarsnap faq.

Personally I use backup only keys on servers and for the master key just printed it out and gave to a copy to my  lawyer.

I have no idea how you would scan these barcodes but presumably that is not so complicated.
—
  Dave Cottlehuber