Re: Planning for Emergency restore

> On 04 Apr 2021, at 21:34 , jerry <jerry@tr2.com> wrote:
>
> On 2021-04-04 10:43, hvjunk wrote:
>> Storing the keys in your password store like BitWarden
> Sorry, the trojan encrypted the filesystem with the BitWarden database.  Or is it stored in the cloud?  In that
> case, a disgruntled employee of the company hacked it.  I do not indulge in any cloud storage except for tarsnap.

Disgruntled *and* ransomware, well… that exact same disgruntled employee that corrupted your tarsnap keys, already deleted all the old tarsnap backups from before the ransomware attack ;(

Bitwarden is either in their cloud, or (like me ) you can run your own Bitwarden_rs instance (separatedly controlled/secured) with the copies backuped differently.