[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Extracted archive does not contain files
- To: Ankit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Extracted archive does not contain files
- From: Graham Percival <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 10:17:02 -0700
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <CAL1X=nd_hfAfKyu3qsiSZh4yEggQjMuWXfL=JtNq=hTb_go2CA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAL1X=nd_hfAfKyu3qsiSZh4yEggQjMuWXfL=JtNq=hTb_go2CA@mail.gmail.com>
First, I recommend checking the list of files in the archive:
tarsnap -t -v -f <archive_name>
-t lists the filename, and -v also writes the file sizes. That will allow you
to confirm that the files are definitely in the archive.
Second, if the archive looks good, I recommend (temporarily) side-stepping the
question of the "exclude" lines: comment them out, then try the extraction
tarsnap -x -v -f <archive_name>
This should print the filenames as it extracts each one.
On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 10:10:22PM -0700, Ankit wrote:
> I am getting started with tarsnap and am running into a problem extracting
> my archive. The archive size looks right, but when extracted using:
> "tarsnap -x -f <archive_name>"
> all of the directories are empty. It is extracting the directory structure
> but no files are present.
> The archive was created on a samba share mounted at /mnt/... in case that
> The config at /etc/tarsnap.conf is out of the box, except a few excludes i
> added -
> exclude node_modules/
> exclude target/
> exclude venv/
> exclude site-packages/
> Can anyone explain what's going wrong?