Re: Custom balance alert notifications

Hi,

Oops; as John Doherty pointed out, my email was unclear.  The monthly
invoices are sent via email; a physical mailing address is only required
to show why non-Canadians aren't paying Canadian tax.

Signing up for monthly emails has another benefit: if something changes
in the email setup and you can't receive emails from mail.tarsnap.com,
there's a chance that you'll notice the missing monthly emails and
investigate.  This isn't a foolproof system -- it's hard to notice the
lack of a monthly email -- but at least it's another chance.

As for deleting archives from X years ago, there are a number of
third-party archive management scripts; some of which can probably do
that:
https://www.tarsnap.com/helper-scripts.html

If you want to maintain a database yourself, that's of course quite
reasonable.  Another option would be to run:
    tarsnap --list-archive -v
to see a list of archive names and dates.  You could do that once a
year, and prune the "too old" archives.  (That avoids the step of
keeping a database yourself.)

Cheers,
- Graham