Re: sequence number mismatch

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 11:59:42PM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:
> This indicates that your cache directory is out of sync with the server.  There
> are three ways I have seen this happen:
> 1. Running tarsnap --fsck on a different machine.
> 2. Specifying the wrong cache directory.
> 3. Specifying the wrong key file.
>
> If you recently updated from a pre-1.0.27 version of Tarsnap, (2) or (3) could
> have occurred due to a change in how ~ is expanded.

On further testing, I seem to have lost the ability to create new
archives even with a clean cache:

root@ceres:~# ./backup.sh
Directory /usr/local/tarsnap-cache created for "--cachedir /usr/local/tarsnap-cache"
tarsnap: Sequence number mismatch: Run --fsck
tarsnap: Error creating new archive

Michael