Re: sequence number mismatch

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 09:40:21AM +0100, Michael Stevens wrote:
> What's meant to happen in the "oh dear, my PC blew up, need to restore"
> case?
>
> It seems like it'd be natural to try to use the key on a machine with an
> existing tarsnap install to retrieve the files, only that's actually
> going to corrupt your cache.

When specifying which key file to use you'd also specify a separate
cache directory. You'd then need to do a fsck to populate it with the
relevant data before you could do a restore. So although there's an
extra step (the fsck), all you need is the key to do a restore on
another machine.

Tim.

--
Tim Bishop