tarsnap warnings/errors what do they mean

I got this back from a normal backup run:

 tarsnap -c -f junk-$(dtf) .junk
tarsnap: Couldn't list extended attributes: No such file or directory

tarsnap: Couldn't list extended attributesCouldn't list extended
attributes: No such file or directory

tarsnap: Couldn't list extended attributesCouldn't list extended
attributesCouldn't list extended attributes: No such file or directory

                                       Total size  Compressed size
All archives                          47026895219      36000060797
  (unique data)                       34295601691      27775775330
This archive                              3327182          1365227
New data                                  1559370           333168

So what does this mean... do I need to do something to fix it?

I neglected to use the -v flag on a common backup run but still
should'nt errors or warning be informatitve to the point of being able
to identify what the problem is and what file[s] its about.

I ran this same backup the first time a week or so ago and didn't get
this kind of output.  There has been very little change in the
directory.  Maybe 1-3 files added.