Re: nodump on Linux

Hi David,

On 09/17/11 20:50, David Adam wrote:
I'm using tarsnap 1.0.30 on Ubuntu 11.04 and I'm a bit confused about when
the nodump flag is honoured.

It should be honoured whenever you use the --nodump option.  Something weird
is going on here.

Am I approaching this the wrong way?

No, you're quite right that what you're seeing doesn't make sense.

Is everything on the same filesystem?  What type of filesystem?  If you run
tarsnap with the -w option, does it prompt on these directories?  Does tar
work properly?  (Which version of tar did you try?)

I'll probably have more questions later. ;-)

Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid