Tarsnap Logo

Here is another logo idea and my design thoughts behind:

* A badge symbol is associated with "stamp of approval" and suggests
reliability and official-esque (e.g. NSA logo ;)
* The round badge works as a small favicon and sports TS for "tarsnap"
* Since tarsnap is not a well known brand the name should be big and
prominent. (unlike the NSA logo)
* The Gentium font and all uppercase supports the serious, reliable look
* Since the design should fit the current website design, I added
horizontal lines for a more "boxy" style
* I also have an svg version, so easily scalable

I'm not 100% happy with the logo, but I probably won't have the time for
more until the deadline.

* Colors: Blue or green support the "serious" look. Some golden details
would fit the badge look. Brown is also "serious", but "old" is rather
off topic.
* The "secure" aspect is somewhat missing. Medival secure messages had a
wax seal/badge, but tarsnap is not about messages.
* The badge could be ornated with subtle hints to math and crypto.

Feedback welcome :)
--
Andreas Zwinkau