Re: Tarsnap is here to stay.

On 10/03/14 10:08, Colin Percival wrote:
On 03/09/14 03:46, Arthur Chance wrote:
Without wishing to be morbid, I presume you have structures and procedures in
place to ensure Tarsnap Backup Inc continues to offer its services indefinitely
in case you're kidnapped by aliens or eaten by bears(*)?
That's a sensible question, although it's usually phrased in terms of getting
hit by a bus. ;-)

The answer is that if I get hit by a bus tomorrow, Tarsnap will probably not
survive indefinitely without me.  That said, the service is very stable on a
day-to-day basis, so if anything happens to me it is very likely that people
will have plenty of time to download their data before Tarsnap shuts down.
How will we know if you get hit by a bus? Do you have any system set up to inform us of your demise so we can get all our data off. Also, what if everyone tries to access their data all at once?