Re: a gui tarsnap backup tool

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:52:47 PM CEST, Max Danielsson wrote:
(potentially stupid shit from a person who hasn't seen the interface yet)
You might wanna make sure that keyhandling is made clear and simple to the user (print it, store it safe, exporting, importing, etc), as it is one of the bigger obstacles compared to some other backup services that doesn't offer decent client side encryption.

I made my mind up. I'm going to make it pleasantly easy to go from zero to having a first backup made, but I'm not going to do the rest — for now at least. That's too difficult. Too much platform trickiness.

Arnt